Pharmacology and Toxicology Core Facilities
Core Facility Manager
B142 Life Sciences
Phone: (517) 884-8023
Overview of Services
The Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology Core Facilities are multiuser, communal research laboratories that total an approximate 4470 sq. ft. of research space maintained by the department. These facilities are designed to aid and advance the research, in an efficient manner, of individual investigators. The underlying goals of the Core Facilities are to maximize research space, reduce instrumental redundancy, while providing centralized oversight for instrumental maintenance, validity and optimization. The Core Facilities provide these services at cost to the investigator.
Core Equipment is found in one of the designated Core Facility rooms or a Primary Investigator’s laboratory. Core Equipment may be used by departmental and external researchers, once appropriately trained and authorized. The Core Equipment Definition attributes responsibilities on behalf of the Core Facilities, the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, and all Core Facility Users. These responsibilities are detailed within each Equipment / Facility SOP and corresponding policy. Equipment / Facility SOPs are issued by the Core Facility Committee and are biannually reviewed and contractually acknowledged by the Department and Facility Users.
To schedule time in a Core Facility, please use iLAB.
Instructional Videos of Available Cores
List of Available Cores
- Autoclave Core (B409 Autoclave Core SOP)
- Cold Room Cores (B302, B402 & B415 Cold Room Core(s) SOP)
- Dark Room Core (B410A Dark Room SOP)
- Large Equipment (B303 Large Equipment Core SOP)
- Freezer Core (B400 Freezer Core SOP)
- Microscopy Core (B411 Microscope Core SOP)
- Molecular & Biochemistry Core (B446 Molecular & Biochemistry Core SOP)
- Survival Surgery Core (B13 Surgery Core SOP)
- Tissue Culture Core (B300 & B407 Tissue Culture Core SOP)
- Large-Format Print Core
To notify the main office of broken equipment, please use the Pharm Tox Core Equipment Maintenance Form